The Sorrowful Mysteries. A brief meditation.

As I meditate on the Sorrowful Mysteries while praying the Holy Rosary this Lent, I have become increasingly aware of how each of my sins adds to Christ's suffering.
- I add to his agony in the garden as he struggles to accept our sins on His sinless Self.
- I add more lashes to his scourging at the pillar.
- I press yet another thorn into his Kingly head. (The mystery of the crowning with thorns actually embarrasses me. How could we mock our loving God in such a way??)
- My sins make the timber's weight all the heavier as our Lord struggles with it on the way to his torturous death.
- Finally, my sins cause ever greater agony as Love Itself hangs on the cross and finally gives up His spirit.

http://praycatholic.wordpress.com/rosary/the-sorrowful-mysteries/

No comments:

Post a Comment